HOW YOU BENEFIT
Steel systems construction can generate substantial savings of up to 30% in overall construction costs for certain building types:
- Standardization and computer-assisted design reduces time spent on planning, on-site organization, and construction.
- Construction time cycles are often up to 1/3 less than other methods, resulting in faster occupancy and quicker return on owner investment.
- Insulated roof and wall systems can significantly reduce HVAC costs.
Other benefits include:
- Simplified design and code process
- Faster project estimating
- One-source coordination with streamlined delivery
- Reduced maintenance and diminished deterioration, cracking, rot, and insect damage
- Easy expansion to accommodate growth
"Building Green" or sustainable design combines design and construction practices to reduce or eliminate a building's negative impact on the environment. VP Buildings has an ever-growing number of products that meet or exceed the guidelines of the U.S. Environmental Protect Agency's Energy Star? program. In addition, VP is an active participant in both the Cool Roof Rating Council and the U.S. Green Building Council (USGBC), which maintains the LEED? (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design) rating system.
VP Buildings can contribute significantly toward your project's LEED certification in areas of:
- Recycled content
- Recyclability/Reuse in the future
- Energy efficiency
- Cool Roof materials
- Proximity of VP manufacturing facilities to job sites
ADVANCED COMPUTER DESIGN AND PLANNING
VP Buildings and our more than 1,000 independent Authorized Builders use VP Command — the most advanced computer system in the industry — to help reduce design and estimating time, accurately detail the building structure, and efficiently process materials through manufacturing. The proprietary VP Command system also helps to ensure material quality, which leads to faster field erection, saving you both time and money.
- Enhanced project control
- Accurate project pricing
- Precise anchor bolt layouts and reactions
- Preliminary designs and erection drawings
- What-if scenario capability to compare alternative design